I hope you are all well and have had a good week!
With Valentine’s Day fast approaching, I have been feeling the love this week as shops and many clothing items are covered in pink, red, hearts, sweets and chocolates!
I know Valentine’s Day isn’t the most fun for everyone, for many single people especially. Now, I must admit, in the past I have also been one to hate Valentine’s Day. But recently I have realised Valentine’s Day doesn’t have to be just about your boyfriend or girlfriend, instead it can be about ALL the things you have and love in your life.
So today, I thought I would share with you some of the things I am loving in life and hopefully that will prompt some of you who hate Valentine’s day to have a new perspective on this holiday, and you can join in on feeling the love.
- My family – I am very lucky in that I have an amazing family who I love very much and who love me. Although we may not be together all the time, due to living here, there and everywhere, we all speak as much as we can and are all very close.
- My friends – Much like with family I am grateful to be surrounded by many friends whom I love very much. From school, college and uni friends to old family friends I can’t wait to celebrate this day together.
- My team – I also have a lot of love for my cheerleading team – lots of new faces this year and we are all doing so well with a routine nearly finished for competitions!
- My house – I am I’m love with my cosy uni house and my bedroom especially! It has been a whole new experience to uni life and although it has had its ups and downs as any house does, I love it!
- My job – I am very fortunate that I am working in my dream industry – weddings! It is here that I am definitely feeling the love: gorgeous views, the lovely staff and amazing customers.
- My bed – I couldn’t resist putting this one in there! Everyone loves their bed, especially after a long hard day at work or uni and I am lucky in that mine is a double bed filled with cushions and fluffy blankets to snuggle up in.
I hope this has helped some of you to have a change of heart on what Valentine’s Day can be about and has helped you feel the love for the things you have in your life, no matter how big or small.