So, as a lot of you will be starting university next month, I thought it would be helpful to write a list of things that you definitely will need to pack.
The Important Stuff
- Driving licence
- Any relevant documents such as student finance letters etc.
- Bank details & debit/credit card
- National insurance number
You should research what clothing you will need for where you plan to go to uni! For example, if you are going to Edinburgh you will definitely need warmer clothes than people who are going to Birmingham.
- Gym clothes
- Loungewear… Best believe you will turn up to lectures in what you wore to bed at least once.
- Fancy dress costumes!
- Formal clothing. You may be required to give presentations as part of your course.
- Comfortable shoes! This is very important when walking around campus or the city all day.
- Night out clothing! Partaaaaaaaayy
- Rucksack. Or any type of bag for carrying around your stuff all day. I just think rucksacks are the most practical.
- Mugs and cups
- Bowls and plates
- Pots and pans
- Measuring jug
- Washing up liquid
- Chopping boards
- Baking trays
- Tea towels
- Oven glove
- Tin & bottle opener
- Cleaning products
- Mattress protector
- Door stop
- Pictures of friends and family
- Posters/wall hangings
- Decorative items, such as fairy lights and plants
- Bed sheets
- Coat hangers
- Laundry bag
- Wash bag. For easy transportation.
- Glasses/contact lenses
- Flip flops. If you will be using a shared bathroom these are a must.
- Toothbrush & toothpaste
- Shampoo & Conditioner
- Styling products
- Sanitary products
- Toilet roll
- Washing detergent
- Cleaning sponges and products
- Air freshener
- Pins or blue tac for posters etc
- Protection! (You know what I’m talking about.)
Hope this helps, and have fun out there you crazy first years!