I hope you all enjoyed your first week at university and didn’t get too lost! I thought that for this week I would chat to you about what I have in my uni bag.
I don’t know about any of you but when I started university this is something I was nervous about as I didn’t want to forget anything but also didn’t want to pack so much I couldn’t carry my bag!
Before I start, I will say that every course is different so some may require extra bits and vice versa. Instead of being course specific, I am going to tell some of the essentials/ basics that I like to pack in my uni bag:
- Laptop – I would highly suggest students bring on of these to lectures to write up notes and work on assignments during free time.
- Stationary – When I say this, I don’t mean you need a pencil case full of bits like we all had in school. Instead, I recommend having a multi-coloured pen, a pencil and a highlighter.
- University pass – This is something you DO NOT want to forget – I would suggest tying it to your bag handle or not taking it out of your bag.
- Money – You never know when you need an emergency snack or coffee!
- Snacks – If you are on a tighter budget then bringing your own snacks to uni can be a great way to save money.
- Drinks – Always stay hydrated at uni! When looking at a laptop screen for a few hours your head can start to ache so having a bottle of water on hand is always a must.
- Makeup – This is much like the stationary in that you don’t need to bring everything! But I would say bring bits such as powder, gloss, perfume and spray for a quick touch up during lecture breaks.
- Diary – Another essential to have in your uni bag – great for recording key dates and deadlines.
I hope you found this helpful. If you have any questions, please leave a comment below.