I hope you are all well and feeling Christmassy now that it is finally December. For this week’s blog post I thought that I would talk to you about how to make my favourite meal – my dad’s special pasta.
My dad is one of those people who likes to experiment with different flavours in the kitchen and one day we decided we were going to make a new pasta dish by doing just that. So, we grabbed various bits and pieces and decided to throw them all together and see what would happen. The result was incredible and I can honestly say that this is one of my favourite meals EVER! One of my housemates loved it so much after I made it for her she then had it for dinner four times in a week! For this reason, I thought it was only fair I shared this amazing recipe with you.
Before I begin, I will point out that I am not a chef at all and so may not be using the correct terms or techniques but these are what work best for me and it tastes good at the end of the day! I am also going to attempt to describe to how to cook this dish via words and pictures, as the camera steamed up when attempting to film this process.
- The fab four – onion – garlic – ginger – chilli
- Pepper (in a colour of your choice)
- Chicken breast
- Salt and pepper
- Tagliatelle pasta
– Cut the ends off your onion.
– Peel the skin off the onion.
– Cut into small chunks and place in pan.
– Cut the ends off garlic cloves and peel the skin off.
– Peel the skin off garlic.
– Crush the garlic by placing the knife flat on top and hit it with your fist.
– Chop into small bits and place in pan with onion chunks.
Step 3: The ginger
– Break off a bit of the ginger to use.
– Cut around the edges of the ginger to remove the skin.
– Chop into small bits and add to pan with onion and garlic.
Step 4: The chilli
– Cut the ends off chilli and open by making a small slit down the middle
– Remove any seeds.
– Cut out around any white/yellow bits and throw white/yellow bits in the bin.
– Thinly slice remaining red bits and put into pan with onion, garlic and ginger.
Step 5: The chicken
– Take chicken breast and slice into chunks (make as small or as large as you wish).
– Add this to the pan with onion, ginger, garlic and chilli.
Step 1: Boil some water in the kettle to use to cook pasta later.
Step 2: Put water in a pan and add four tagliatelle balls.
Step 3: Choose a pepper of your choice and cut into thin slices – DO NOT ADD TO PAN YET.
Step 4: Add some salt to pasta and stir.
Step 5: Add a fair amount of oil to pan with chicken in it to stop it sticking.
Step 6: Put the pan on the hob and stir into the oil.
Step 7: As the chicken begins to turn white add a dash of salt and pepper.
Step 8: As the chicken begins to turn white also add the slices of pepper cut earlier.
Step 9: Continue to stir pasta.
Step 10: When chicken turns white add a fair amount of honey into pan with chicken.
Step 11: Stir all ingredients into the honey.
Step 12: Put this pan on a lower heat and focus on the pasta.
Step 13: Once pasta is cooked, drain, run under hot water and drain again.
Step 14: Add the pasta to the pan with all other ingredients.
Step 15: Stir and mix this all together to ensure flavours have been transferred onto pasta.
Step 16: Serve up in a bowl or plate.
I know this seems like a lot just for a pasta dish but it takes minutes to cook and its really all in the prep. But if you prepare it well, it will taste even better in the end!
I hope you all enjoyed this blog post and will give my favourite meal a try – you won’t regret it! If you have any questions or suggestions please leave a comment below.