This is going to be my last blog post before Christmas, so I thought I’d use it to reflect on the first semester of my final year.
Things I’ve enjoyed this semester:
- Making new friends: in September I moved in with new housemates and have got along really well with them all.
- Reuniting with old ones: it has been so lovely to see my course mates again after a summer apart!
- The things I’ve done in my free time: there have been a few cinema trips to see some great films this autumn (Kingsman, Thor Ragnarok and Lego Ninjago), I also went to the theatre to see Hairspray, attended a Jim Kay book signing of his illustrated edition of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban and a talk at the British Library.
- I’m proud of myself for the work ethic I’ve had this term: I have been really motivated and worked really hard this semester and I can’t wait to have a nice break over Christmas.
Looking forward to next semester:
- My birthday: in February, I’ll be turning 21!
- Learning new things: I always like the start of new terms because I find starting new modules really interesting.
- Handing in my dissertation: it’s quite scary to say, but in April my dissertation is due! I’ve made a good start on it, and am enjoying writing it at the moment. I think it’ll be really satisfying to hand in such a large piece of work.
- Enjoying my last semester at UCB: I can’t quite believe how little time I’ve got left at university, and so I want to make the most of my last few months here.
I hope you have a lovely Christmas break, and I’ll be back with more blog posts in the new year.
Until next time,