Hello! I hope everyone is coping through the final weeks of uni and all those deadlines that seem to have come all at once! I have one more deadline and a couple of presentations and then I’m done for the year and it’s safe to say I will be celebrating!
I can’t say I’ve ever been to a student night… however I certainly do go out, so I’ve put together a list of my favourite places around Brum for a drink or two!
- Revolución de Cuba (just off the high street in Temple Street, this is the place I end up the most and most people don’t know about it as they think it’s just a quiet bar until you go upstairs and see the massive dance floor, Brazilian show girls and limbo shots! It’s a great location for when your casual drinks turn into something a little bit more!)
- Tattu (Beautiful bar and restaurant, I’d go for quiet drinks before heading out – they do a great cocktail!)
- Kongs (Arcade bar)
- Tilt (Pinball bar)
- PRYZM (Ok I hear this one may be for students too but I’ve only been twice on a weekend! Always get a booth to avoid the crazy crowds!)
- The Gin Vault (My choice for canal side)
- Ana Rocha (Jewellery Quarter – this one is pretty cool and weird, it’s like an art gallery with a DJ and seating and the staff are always walking around asking if you want one of their creative shots!)
My typical night out would start with somewhere fun like Tilt or Kongs before heading to Revolución de Cuba for a dance OR we’d start out at Rev de Cuba and end up at PRYZM. Otherwise if I’m out it’ll be for a quiet wine or gin!
I’ve put together some of the outfits I’ve worn on my not-so-student nights out!
Outfit 1 – Top H&M, Skirt Mango, Heels Zara
Outfit 2 – Top Zara, Bodysuit PLT, Skirt Miss Selfridge, Boots Russell & Bromley
Outfit 3 – Dress H&M, Heels Zara
Outfit 4 – Top H&M, Jeans Reiss, Boots Zara
Fingers crossed for you all that you smash all your final deadlines!