Hi everyone! I wanted to share a super quick recipe with you that is not only cheap to make but also super easy! Now we’re in lockdown, I know I have used the extra time to cook my own meals a whole lot more.
So, the meal I’ve been loving at the minute is roasted vegetable pasta! Sounds simple right? Well it is.
Depending on how many people you live with/want to cook for, you can adjust this recipe accordingly. It’s a great recipe to mix and match certain vegetables, swapping out pasta for gluten free and so on.
- Pasta (amount depending on the portions you are making)
- Tomato sauce (passata, pasta sauce, whatever you prefer)
- Mixed vegetables (I used courgettes, tomatoes, red onion and peppers)
- Cook the pasta according to packet instructions. After cooking, I like to drizzle a small amount of garlic oil over this to prevent it sticking but also adds a lovely flavour!
- Prepare your vegetables, roughly chop all the vegetables and throw them into an oven proof dish and roast until the vegetables become soft.
- Add the tomato sauce to these vegetables once they start becoming soft – it may help to cover this dish with tin foil to prevent burning.
- Finally, mix the pasta through your vegetable sauce.
I like to serve this with garlic bread – you can’t go wrong!
Also it’s vegetarian so you know you’re doing your part for the planet in reducing your meat content.
See you next week,