Continuing with the Christmas theme… If you don’t have Netflix, this blog is maybe not for you, but I believe I’m speaking to the minority there as 52% of households in the UK have a Netflix subscription (Szalai, 2021)! And let’s be honest, if you don’t have one, it may be because you’re logged into your mate’s.
Christmas, for me, is all about those cosy nights in, sat next to the Christmas tree, watching a Christmas film. There are a few films that are a must watch every year for me: The Polar Express, Home Alone 1 and 2 and Arthur Christmas! Yes, Arthur Christmas is probably classed as a children’s film but who cares at Christmas.
- One film that I have recently realised is on Netflix is The Holiday. Now this film doesn’t really have anything to do with Christmas but it’s the perfect winter’s night romcom!
- Nativity! If you haven’t seen this film, where have you been? It’s the perfect Christmas film, light-hearted and funny. Plus, who doesn’t love Martin Freeman!
- Another classic has to be Deck the Halls, a slightly slap-stick comedy starring Danny DeVito. Perfect when you want a slightly shorter film, as this is only an hour and a half.
- In 2018, Netflix released The Princess Switch, starring an old favourite, Gabriella Montez (Vanessa Hudgens to the people that haven’t watched High School Musical). This film quickly became a trilogy and is the perfect watch if you want an endearing, romantic watch.
- Office Christmas Party is another funny one, definitely for slightly more mature audiences. Featuring the killer duo, Jason Bateman and Jennifer Aniston, how could you go wrong?
What are you waiting for? Put those pj’s on, grab some snacks, turn the Christmas tree lights on and get watching!
Szalai, G (2021) Netflix Overtakes Pay TV in UK. Available at: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/business/business-news/netflix-bridgerton-uk-subscribers-coronavirus-1234993128/